CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cheese Heads Here We Come






Lasdt weekend my mom, Cole and I drove up to Madison, Wisconsin to visit my sister and her family! I hadnt seen her since July and my mom had not seen her since christmas. We had so much fun and laughed way too hard! Cole did not much care for the ride up and asked us about 60 times the first 45 minutes if we were to Wisconsin. Finally he said,"I fink (he cant say th)we need to take the short cut to Mooneys house." My mom and I laughed so hard. We finally told him we were in Wisconsin long before we were so he would quit asking us!
Once we were there we hung out on her patio and enjoyed the weather and each other!Maddy, Cole and Sofia are best friends and play until they cant play anymore! We went to farmers market/capitol, cooked out, watched football and hiked.....let me tell you about that. Once in the park we looked at the trails and decided on a path. The first quarter mile was flat around a lake. At one point cole got mad and bored of walking and said, "your in trouble mom and I am just gonna head back." It was hysterical! Well, then we made it to the woods. My brother in law Jeff asked if wanted to keep flat around the lake or do up the hill (mountain). We chose the hill becuase the kids wanted to climb. He told us the map said it was a 500 ft vertical climb to the top. Apparently we dont know what 500 ft. looks like! We agreed and headed in! Holy hell....after the first flight of stones we climbed I thought I was gonna die! My mom and I kept stopping and drinking water. Mom kept saying we could turn around if I wanted too.....which was code for , lets turn around. But I was determined. We kept going and going. 45 minutes later and lots of stops, and finally pains in my belly, we made it to the top. It was gorgeous. We headed down and walked all the way back to the park again. Needless to say, I will not be hiking 2 miles any more and especially not straight up!

0 comments: