CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

4 months





Where is the time going....really? I cannot believe she is 4 months! This week last year we found out unexpectedly that we were going to have her! You know that whole story....try for 2 years, quit trying and come to peace with just one child, book a trip and get pregnant with Emmy!
TOday I took her for her 4 month checkup! She is 12.6 pounds (30th percentile, we dropped from 50%), and 24 inches long...or was 22? I will have to double check...whatever it was it was under 50% too! He wasnt too concerned that she didnt steadily gain weight, she might have reflux. She has really been spitting up lately, about 4 bibs a day! IF her weight doesnt increase more at the next checkup she might needs meds, but since we got the green light for food today, it will probably help! With cole, the day he said I could start rice, I ran to the store and did it that night! With emmy, I am not rushing anything! I didnt know how fast it would go with cole! So this time, Im slowing things down! I will do it this weekend! I just cannot believe after all of this wait for her, she can now have food!
Dr. Meyers and the nurse got a huge kick out of her. She was a total ham! Smiling at them and cooing! She is really a happy baby, until you put her in her carseat!
Since she is rolling both ways all over the place, he told me I need to take her sleep positioner out of her bed. He said they see SIDS cases where the kids roll over, then suffocate with their face smashed in the side bump of the postioner. Its been hard tonight because she sleeps on her side in the positioner with her blanket tucked under so she cant get the blanket on her face. Since I took the positioner out, I had to take the blanket out too so she didnt pull it over her face. She has always put herself to sleep at night so that went well tonight. But you could tell she wasnt sure why she had so much freedom in there. I checked 5 minutes later and she was at the opposite end of the crib! Im a nervous wreck tonight about her being so free in the crib!
Emmy still nurses every 3 hours at night! He said she is rotten and doesnt need to eat that often at night! He said she is just using me as a pacifier and that at 4 months she should go about 6 hours before eating at night. So I am supposed to just pat her and let her go back to sleep with out nursing. IM not tackling that tonight..the sleep postioner is enough!
Here are her 4 month sticker pics!

0 comments: