CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Play Ball! ...or Not!





Last month we got Cole on a last minute team for his first year of coach pitch baseball. So last minute that they didnt even have a practice, just showed up for the first game. Well, Cole freaked out! He needs a little prep time on what to expect about some situations, mostly when he is going to be singled out (such as batting.) I had to run Emmy to the Dr, so I met Dan and Cole at the field. When I drove up, I could see his head was burried in Dan. I knew it wasnt good. I went up and he was freaking out crying, but wouldnt explain why. I kind knew in my mind it was due to no practice, even though he knew 2 kids on his team. We couldnt get him to let go of us and we were quickly losing our patience. Finally the 3rd inning (last inning) he decided to play after I had spent the first 2 innings playing catch off to the side with him. He later told us, he didnt know the difference between baseball and t ball. DUH! WHY DIDNT YOU JUST SAY SO! He was worried about the pressure of not hitting it. However, he played the last inning and loved it! Because of the weather, they have only had 1 other game in 4 weeks! These pics are of this 1st particular game!

0 comments: