CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Poked and Prodded


Wall of miracles!


Baby Delaney!

The last 24 hours has been crazy! I haven't updated in a while on our "family plannin" status! Well, obviously we don't have any news as far as being pregnant, but we did finally see a reproductive endocrinologist! Many of you have read about my good friend Betsy who after 3 years of trying and a very shaky pregnancy but a wonderful delivery of Delaney (1 month ago today)right? Well, she struggled with infertiltiy and failed procedures until Dr. Whitten was placed in her life. Four months later she was pregant!SO since then she has been pushing his name into our conersations and encouraging me to go see him. Dan and I finally decided enough was enough, we are either going to go pursue this, or stay content with the three of us...which we still be no matter how this turns out!
Yesterday was our first visit! Totally not what I expected of him, but he is the Bella Keroli of fertility! He sat us down and showed Dan pics of eggs, follicles, ovaries, tubes etc! Then he said, "well, you are at the perfect day in your cycle for some testing." He is so passionate and excited! His arms flail everywhere when he talks! So yesterday I had 4 tuebs of blood removed (yikes) and was told to "get together" and come back today for more testing! So we did...sorry for those who dont like details!
Today we did an ultrasound that showed "the most beautiful egg." Then we looked at the sperm swimming on a slide..they really do live 24 hours! ( the dr. said he wished dan was there because he should be proud of them!ha! Next I had a dye test of my fallopian tubes to check for blockages. They inject dye in and I got to watch it travel through the tubes and spill back out to the uterus. "Brooke, you passed with flying colors! This is great, wonderul," he said! So then back tot he office I went to have an HCG shot to release the egg for tomorrow! WOW! All this in 24 hours! So, i go back in for blood work next friday to see if my progesterone levels are high enough to support a pregnancy if one happens this weekend.
He is so passionate about his job, it exudes him! What a wonderful man! SO, in two weeks, we shall see! I am excited but after all this time, have become content with our family and have let myself let go of all the worry and sadness of what might not be! It will be what god wants it to be!
Back to Betsy, as I sat in the ultrasound room, I was looking at the wall of miracles that he has helped bring into the world, and there was Baby Delaney! I got teary eyed thinking back to the journey I took with Besty and what it means to all if us to see Delaneys picture on that wall!
As yall continue to pray for the family we are trying to create, please pray for my cousin Robyn and Bryan who have just begun the journey of in-vitro. They are about 12 days away from the full procedure!

0 comments: