CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scared the Life Out of Me!


Looking at my room from this angle...no cole!


Nope...cant see cole!


Still no Cole!


Sound asleep!

Last night, I had tucked Cole into his bed about 8:15. I sang him his song and went to the couch! Of course at night I am totally exhausted and fell asleep on the couch. At 9:45 I woke up and made my final round to tuck him in again before going to my bed. I opened his door and went to his bed to discover....HE WAS NOT THERE! I thought "oh he must be in my bed." Well, not there either! I frantically began searching our not very big house! I looked under beds, in showers, baths, hampers, drawer, dog cage! After about 5 minutes of looking and my panic disorder setting in, I began to wonder if I had blacked out and done something with him that I couldnt remember. I knew I was on the verge of passing out so I called Dan at work and said, "I cant find COle." He said "what do you mean?" I repeated myself. He kept telling me to calm down and scream his name..which I did and no response. I checked all the windows and doors and they were locked. We were now going on 10 minutes! I kept retracing my steps through the house. I finally went back into my bedroom and looked in the dog kennel again and didnt find him. I finally looked behind the kennel and next to the nightstand in the corner in a maybe 2x2 area...there he slept! I burst into tears and sat on the floor and cried while Dan tried to calm me over the phone! Needless to say, he slept with me! I asked him this morning why he went in my corner and he told me "mom, I was very afraid of the dark." I of course after calming down, took pictures to prove that you COULD NOT see him from any angle I was looking!

0 comments: