CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

We Made It Through Soccer!






Oh dear lord....I was sooo worked up about his first soccer practice! If you remember, T ball didnt go so well last summer! He didn't like it, didn't want to learn it, cried through team pictures, I cried through each practice and wanted to quit myself! ha! So, Heather said Isaak wanted to do soccer, so I decided we would give it a try. Even last week when we signed them up, cole kept saying, "no thanks, I dont want to play soccer." So, I figured it would be the same struggle...but I did ask how many classes we would have to suffer through to get our money back, and the answer is 2!
Yesterday Dan bought him shin guards and a ball. Dan worked with him last night and he seemed excited...but of course, Dan had to work today so it was just me! And apparently, cole gets a complex with me around and becomes a quitter...just ask dan...he and dan took a basketball course and the day i came the teacher even said, "he doesnt do this when you arent here."
Well, with a little bit of pre soccer practice brining...it went great! I told him if he listened well, and tried real hard, McDonals and some Wii play were in his future. Whew...he actually laughed and had a lot of fun...and did good! He has the whole "only child syndrome" I think, plus has never been to preschool!
So, looks like we might make it to week 2! I will keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Coach Lewis said...

You bribed him with McDonalds & the Wii?? Sad Brooke, sad! Glad he enjoyed it though!

Stephanie said...

How old is Cole now? Gavin will be 3 on June 28 and I was thinking about signing him up for summer soccor....he's a big kid (wears 4t) however, he is still barely 3...what do you think??
BTW - super cute pics!