CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Emmy!






On December 29th, I woke up about 3:30 am with contractions. I immediately began charting them each time I woke up. For 3 hours they were about 15 minutes apart. At around 8, they became every 10 minutes. I finally called the doctor and told them I could no longer talk through them as they were getting very strong but not that close together. They told me to come on in and they would check me and either admit me or send me home. I went ahead and showered, finished packing etc. We dropped Cole off at Gigi and Papas around 11:00 on our way to the hosptital. As soon as I got back in the car they began coming about 4 minutes apart. It became near unbearable at this point. By the time I got to labor and delivery I was checked and had dilated to about a 6 and was in quite a bit of pain. I was begging for my epidural, which couldnt be ordered until I was admitted. So I finally got relief about 12:15, only for it to wear off at 1:00, and had to be redosed. I began pushing at
3:00 and had her at 3:38! It was so peaceful this time! It was just me, dan and the nurse and doctor, quiet and calm and was wonderful! Cole was amazing! He came up about 12:30 and stayed with me until I began pushing. He came back in right after and kissed her and tickled her cheeks. He then did the sweetest thing. He told emmy, "captain princess, this is my dad, this is my mom, this is my gigi, this is my papa, this is my other gigi (my mom ) and this is my aunt stace." I loved that he was introducing her to everyone. HE helped push her to the nursery for her bath. Emmy was perfect. She was 7.10lbs, 19 3/4 long and has dark hair! Total shocker!

0 comments: