CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spidey Fingers!





Cole had his first soccer game last weekend. It was their teams second game but we missed the first because we were out of town. It was so fun and frustrating to watch! I am not sure how many times I yelled "get the ball Cole!" He wasnt quite sure what the heck to do, and certainly didnt like 15 kids running right at him!LOL!When the coach asked after the first period who wanted to take a break, he raises his hand and sits on the bench. I told him, no way, you get your drink and go play. At the next break he raised his hand again. GOOD LORD! Finally, the coach asked him if he wanted to play goalie. I thought I might puke when he said yes. I mean, who wants their kid as goalie to get their feelings hurt every time they get scored on. I was sick! The poor kid had only been to 2 practices and no games and had no idea what the heck to do. A coach showed him quickly his are and what to do. That little dude turned into spider man with web like fingers! He only let 1 get past him ( and had no help from his team..lol) and saved or blocked 6 goals! He was totally lucky on one as it came flying at him and caught it out of nowhere! He loved playing goalie! I think because he has a certain area to protect he has more of a purpose instead of running all over the field chasing a ball. He does however, smile the whole time hes running!

0 comments: