CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

He Brings Me To Tears

I have written it many times before, but Cole has a mind that doesn't quit. When he says thought provoking things, you can tell he has thought of them a million times in his head before it comes out. His heart is so big and fragile. He can be the typical bratty 5 year old at times, and shows a jealous side when it comes to Emmy, but he amazes me with the things he says. Sometimes he will make you cry because of how damn funny he is. He is a witty as the day is long. Other times he makes you cry because of the sweet things he says (introducing Emmy to the world at the hospital comes to mind) and other times he makes you cry because of how hard he thought of something.
Tonight I drove Cole and Emmy around to houses that had their light displays set to music. When we would find a good one, we would all 3 sit in front of the house and laugh and watch. On our way home we were discussing our favorite ones of the night, and the conversation went to Santa, and how he does not die. (that was a previous weeks talk) He then goes on to say when he dies he will get to see him grandpa (my dad) and his great great great grandfather in heaven. Then he says, "Mom, what will you say to your dad when you see him?" I tell him I will say how happy I am to see him again and how much I have missed him. Then he says, "Mom, when you die, I will be so sad. But it will be ok because I will be a grown man with my own children. And on the rainy days I will say "mom, thanks for the rain. And when it thunders, i will wonder if you bowled a strike. And when I see you up in heaven, I will ask you if you won that game." As we continue to drive, I have tears running down my face. Then he says, "mom when I die, Emmy will be all alone. She will be so sad mom. But it will be ok, because she will be like the kid in the movie Home Alone and know all the tricks to do if bad guys come. Mom, I am so excited about Christmas."
I mean, he kills me with how much he thinks through things! And I just love how he brings it back to his age by ending with how excited about Christmas! God love him.

0 comments: