CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Proud Wife

I have always been so proud of Dan and the career path he chose! It takes such an amazing person to do his job. I know people say that about teaching kindergarteners, or being the trash man, but it takes a speical person to be firman, medics police officers etc. They see so many horrific things that they become numb to pain and appear to be so aloof when things appear to be so sad to the rest of us.
Most of you know how everyone jokes with Dan. He hates nothing more than to get called out of the engine house to a crap call becuase someones back hurts at 3am and they choose at that moment that its necessary to be transported by ambulance.
However, people that know Dan also know that when he is called for reasons that are necessary, he will give it his all.
Unfortunately, yesterday he had that call. It is not often that the guys run into a burning building and pull someone out. Not often they go to car fires and someones still in the vehicle. And its never happened to him, to be the one to get to a call and have the job of pulling a 2 year old burning child from a car, administer cpr and lose her.
Thats the call I recieved asking Cole and I to come to the firehouse to comfort Dan after that exact situation yesterday. No, the outcome was not in his favor or the childs, but I could not be more proud of the job he did, and how he handled everything, even the loss. To see you husband stand and sob while holding your own child is unreal.
I will never know what Dan sees when he thinks about the call yesterday,but I will never be more proud that he gave his all to help.
As I read the KSDK blog comments to the story, I came across one that brought me to tears, only becuase I know the man she is talking about is my husband. I have copied and pasted it here for you to read.
Please pray for the family and the child, and pray that Dan and eevryone that saw it, can grieve the best they know how!

Mom24plus1 wrote:
"My family and I were headed home after a day at the zoo and a trip to Ted Drewes. We happened to pass by this accident at the exact moment they pulled the baby from the car. We saw the fireman running with her. I had to pull over because I was crying so hard. We had our own 2 year old in the car with us. The image of that moment is one I cannot shake."

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I will be thinking of you all the next few days! You have every right to be proud of him even in these circumstances.

Betsy said...

I am so proud of him too, Brooke! He did a great thing that day! And he now has an angel to watch over him!

Psalm112 said...

I don't even know him, but you can add me to the list of those that are so incredibly proud of him!! Praise the Lord for his heart!

Robyn and Bryan said...

Oh wow Brooke! Yes it does take a special person to be in that field and Dan sure is it. Even though the images or thoughts that happened that day will never be removed. He did what he could and he was placed there for a reason. God Bless Him and love you guys!