CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sugar And Spice And Everything Nice



Most of you have heard by now that we are having a baby girl! Cole has been telling us from day 1 that we were having a girl and her name would be captain princess! I honestly thought I was having another boy! When I was pregnant with Cole a boy was what I asked GOd for! He has been such a blessing to us and so easy to raise so far! SO I had made comments with this pregnancy that I would like a girl to dress and put bows in her hair, but I wouldnt mind a boy because thats what we know and already EVERTYHING for!
When she said "do you see the 3 lines" my heart dropped. I turned my head and looked at cole and said "Colie, its a girl," with huge tears in my eyes only to be replaced with laughter when coles response was "mommy, i have been telling you that everyday for a wong, (he cant say l's)wong, time! Only to be followed by Dans response "Buddy, we are up to out neck in bows."
It is amazing how much more attatched I already feel to her in the 3 days that have followed. I feel so blessed to get to raise on of each. I can only pray that she is as easy going as cole has been. We did go right to the mall and buy clothes for her! It was so weird being on the "other side" of the store to buy for!
God has truly blessed us. There were so many months where I really began to digest that we werent having another baby...and had really begun to accept that, only to be surprised after telling Dan I was ready to quit trying and take a vacation. 2 years later my prayers were answered. They always say "let go of what you are tying to control and leave it to him."
Cole is going to be such a great big brother. He already said yesterday we needed to save his potty seat so he could teach her!
So I am spending lots of time looking at fabric to see what I want my friend to make her bedding with!
We will have lots of ultrasounds from here on out so I will keep posting! Can you beleive its halfway over already!

0 comments: