CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

6 Years and Counting


Tomorrow I have officially been married to Dan for 6 years. Although we have been together 11. WOw....it actually feels like a lot longer! ha! There is so much I could say about our marriage! Of course, its not perfect...there is no such thing...but I think we have endured a WHOLE lot in a short 6 years, that many marriages dont experience in 2o. I can say, that is when you find out what its like to stand with the one you love and help them get through the good and the bad. THe death of my father, cancer, and the birth of our son are just a few. We have come through it all so far. I know there will be more thrown our way, but I know now that we can survive it all. I knew I was marrying a best friend when I married Dan. OUr relationship began that way in high school.


I could have never imagined what an amazing husband and father Dan would be. We had Cole and I saw and still see daily I side I never knew exhisted. Not many kids get to stay home with Dad 3 or 4 days a week. I come home and they have gone somewhere fun, or made up a new game to show me. I am so blessed to have Dan and Cole.


I traveled for a week without Dan for the first time in many years last week. I missed him desperately and couldnt get out of the car fast enough to see him when we got home. Dan said some guys at work said, " I cant believe you worked overtime when your wife, dog and son are gone. We'd be out having a good time." Dan said he thought to himself, "Then your marriage must not be like mine."


So, on this day, I think back to Vegas where we got married with 83 of our closest friends and family, (and where Dans mom is now celebrating for us) and I am so thankful for our marriage!

0 comments: