CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Texas Part 2









After leaving Mt. Pleasant, we spent 4 days in Forney. THis just about 30 minutes from where I grew up. We always stay with Monica. (we met in 2nd grade!) We have remained friends since I moved away in high school. Our husbands have become close friends and now our kids too! We love getting to spend time with them! Lindsay (another friend from elementary school) also comes over and this time had a sleep over with us too! Cole enjoyed playing with her 4 year old son Garrett. I also went to visit an old friend and her 3 kids. It was so great to catch up! As always, we had a blast sitting around the fire pit talking, taking stupid pictures that has become our yearly tradition and just being girls! The kids run around crazy and since they live on about and acre or so, Cole gets to just be a boy! This trip we spend one beautiful day at a park, nights by the fire pit, a day in Ft. Worth at the stockyards and topped it off by enjoying a Bootsburger! This little burger shack in the middle of a neighbor hood in my home town of Rockwall has been there since I was little. I have always raved to Dan about how good they are, so on our last day we finally let him experience one! Just like I remembered! Being in Texas always lets me remember what a wonderful childhood I had both in Mt. Pleasant with family and in Forney/Rockwall with friends....who are also just like family. I feel so truly blessed to "just be me" and enjoy them both!

1 comments:

Psalm112 said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see you and say Hello while you were here.

Glad you had such a fun trip!