CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kool Aid, Kool Aid Anyone?






A few weeks ago, Cole and I saw some children having a lemonade stand. COle was very interested in why they were selling lemonade. A few days later while at Target, Cole asked me to buy him a new Ben 10 toy. I explained like always that we cannot just buy a toy everytime we come to Target. I told him he would need to buy his own toy. He said he could have a Lemonade stand to get money like those girls.
He asked me everyday for 2 weeks if he could. I kept saying other excuses for why we couldnt do it that day. My reason for putting it off was my fear of his spirit being broken by rude people that didnt have 3o seconds to stop and make a childs day! COle picked out red Kool Aid to sell. So Friday we got it all set up. He took his position. It was blazing hot and he waved at every car that came buy. When I came out and saw him sitting all alone with his little stand, I about lost it! He looked so damn cute! The first person that stopped asked "how much?" His response was "seven." hah! A neighbor drove by and asked what he was selling and he said, "Limeade." What? It was a great experience and he raised 26.oo. HE was so proud to go to Target the next morning and buy his new toys!

1 comments:

Robyn and Bryan said...

YEAH COLE!!! He is a sweetheart!!!