CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Nashville For Country Music Fest!



Holy hotness! On Thursday night we dropped the kiddos off (thanks so much gigi and papa) at Dans parents and heather, jason, dan and I headed off to Nashville. After many old school car games, and many pee breaks as usual for Jason, we arrived! It was too late to do anything that night, so we went to bed to get ready for a fun filled day 1! Thats where the hotness began! At fan fair, it is about 4 blocks of blocked off streets with vendors, country music and people everywhere. They have like 5 different stages where big named country music stars put on shows. They also have to convention centers where you can get autographs etc. Then on the riverfront is the main stage with the best musicians. At night for 4 nights they have a 6 band line up at LP field (where the titans play) that is a ticketed event. The days were so miserably hot! It was like 96 degrees with 86% humidity! I am not a sweater and I was DRENCHED! But we had a great time listening to bands like Craig Morgan, Rodney Atkins, Steve Azar, David Lee Murphy, (got his autograph) and many more. We only bought tickets to one nights event at LP. We saw Zac Brown, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Eastin Corbin, Randy Howser and Billy Currington. It was a great show, minus my first panic attack in a while. I was overcome by our nose bleed seats. We sat to close to the rail at the very top of the stadium and I freaked! Oh well, I recovered before the show started! We had a fabulous time and learned all the do's and dont's for next time! We had lots of good laughs and made many new inside jokes despite the heat. On our way home we stopped in Metropolis Illinois, home of Superman. We wanted to take a picture f the giant superman for the boys. Well, we pulled into town square and hopped out to run up to get a picture and we did a double take! There were people walking around as monks, supermans, and lots of other crazy things. Apparently they had an "honorary swearing in ceremony" for supermans or something. I felt like I was in a bad horror film!
I was so excited to get home to my babies on Sunday! Three nights was enough to be away from them! I posted the pics above this post.

0 comments: